Monday, May 2, 2016

Second World: Chapter 6

The Job (or not?)

I continued to stare at the image. I looked exactly like her. The only difference is that the Queen in the book looked a little older. The queen was royalty to this kingdom. I still didn't know where exactly we were. A voice cut through my thoughts, "Erica, go get your brother from the training grounds."

The little girl, Erica, raised her hand and jumped off her chair, "Okay, Mama!"

I looked to my left to find the innkeeper's wife looking after her daughter. She then looked at the book and smiled at me, "You really do look like the Queen."

I just returned her smile and asked, "If I wanted to meet her, how should I go about doing that?"

The innkeeper's wife sighed, "I'm not entirely sure myself. Most villagers just go straight to the castle and camp outside there until it is their turn for an audience with the Queen."

I nodded at this. The innkeeper's wife gasped, "Dear me! I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Marcie. Marcie Fallow. That was Erica just now, going to retrieve her brother Ian. And my husband is Stephen."

I smiled and bowed towards her, "My name is Eve Winters. The other girl is Celeste Faust and the boy is Peter Winters. Thank you for letting us stay here even without money. We'll be sure to pay you the price as soon as we can."

Marcie shook her head, "It's fine. Just help a bit around the place and that should cover it. Though if you do want some extra, we can introduce you to the rest of the village."

"That would be very helpful. Thank you."

"Why don't you start by helping me in the kitchen? I'm starting dinner right now."

I nodded and followed Marcie into the kitchen. There was already a large variety of dishes done. I stared in awe and then asked, "Are you sure you still need help?"

Marcie grinned, "Always."

At that, Marcie directed me in what I should do. I followed her directions.


Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment