Friday, May 6, 2016

Second World: Chapter 10

Understanding

I gestured to Celeste and Peter to wait for me to speak first. The dragon looked at all of us slowly. I swallowed and then took one tentative step towards the dragon. The dragon slowly moved into a laying position and placed its head on the ground. It looked at me and then said in a deep, commanding voice, "Why did  you stop me?"

I stared, "You can speak, like a human?"

I turned to look at Celeste and Peter, both as surprised as I was. The dragon continued, "Yes. I have lived for thousands of years, it isn't surprising that I can speak the human tongue. But you, how were you able to speak to me? It was like you were in my mind. No one is able to do that, except for the royalty of this kingdom and of the many others."

I didn't move. I didn't want to make the dragon mad. It continued, "A mere commoner, demands for me to leave the people of this village alone. To leave until further notice. A mere commoner. Unless... you are not just a commoner."

The dragon waited for my response. I swallowed and explained, "My name is Evangeline Winters. My companions and I came from another world. We don't know where we are or what we are to do to go back."

"So you don't know whether you are even a commoner."

I nodded. The dragon sighed, or what resembled a sigh, "This land is called Vaneh, making this the Vaneh Kingdom. The Wristen royal family rules this land."

Peter took a step forward, "I, or we, have never heard of this land."

The dragon sighed again, "Then you must come from another world. But the thing is, only a Wristen royalty can speak into my mind. This Evangeline Winters is a rarity, if she is not of the Wristen royalty."

Peter looked at me and then Celeste stepped towards the dragon, "My name is Celeste Faust. Is there a Faust royal family? Or a Faust noble?"

I sighed. Celeste would, of course, try to find if she has some sort of roots to wealth here. One thing that the three of us had in common was that we were all adopted. Whether we were adopted from the same place or not, that is a question to be asked and an answer to be found. But we had that one thing in common. Peter looked to me again and I nodded to him. He then asked, "My name is Peter Winters. Are any of the royalty missing?"

The dragon stood. It glared at Peter and exclaimed, "That is none of your business. Business of the royal family is of the royal family only."

I stepped in front of Peter and told the dragon, "It isn't much of our business but the three of us were adopted by families in the other word. It wouldn't be a surprise if we-"

"No. Don not say another word. If you really wish to find out, I suggest you go to the Royal family's castle."

The dragon took a few steps back. Celeste was frozen shocked. She stepped towards Peter but didn't move any closer to the dragon. I stepped towards the dragon and asked, "We haven't received your name."

The dragon gave one last look at us, "Goldheart," and took off.


Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment