Saturday, May 14, 2016

Second World: Chapter 18

Reunion

We stood in Crown Prince Nicholas' office, much further away from the man himself than I had expected. Both Celeste and Peter were nervous, their faces were calm but their hands shook, betraying their looks.

Alice and Kaine stood between the Crown Prince and us, bowing before him. I had assumed hat since they were siblings, the atmosphere would be much lighter than what it felt like right now.

The atmosphere was trained. No one spoke a word. Through the silence, I was able to hear the twins swallow in their own nervousness.

I glanced down at my hands. I wasn't nervous at all, my body didn't betray these very thoughts I had. I looked back up at the Crown Prince as he turned around to face us. He, himself, glanced at the twins and asked, "What were you two doing outside of the castle again?"

Kaine's body shook as he kept his bowing position. Alice lifted her head and exclaimed, "I was the one that convinced Kaine to go outside with me! Please don't punish him!"

Crown Prince Nicholas ignored Alice's attempts to lessen his anger. He addressed Kaine, "You are Alice's older brother. Why are you not trying to stop her foolish decisions? You know that they are foolish and the both of you have only just recovered from your last journey."

Kaine didn't move. Alice frowned and moved to stand in front of Kaine, protecting him from the Crown Prince's wrath, "Brother."

The Crown Prince moved his gaze towards Alice and responded in the same tone, "Alice."

Alice winced and melted back a little.

As if is attitude was just a fragment of our imagination, he looked at the three of us with a bright smile, "Welcome to the Wristen Royal Castle as well as the Vaneh Kingdom."

Crown Prince Nicholas tilted his head and his smile transformed into a grin, "Or should I say, welcome back."

Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment