Saturday, May 7, 2016

Second World: Chapter 11

The Journey

We stared after the dragon as it flew away. I looked at Peter and Celeste, "When should we go?"

Celeste asked, still in awe of the dragon, "Go where?"

Peter looked at me, "The sooner, the better."

I nodded and started back to the inn in the village. Peter pulled Celeste's arm as he made his way back.

We went back to our respective rooms and started to grab what little we had, namely our school bags. We headed downstairs and told Marcie and Stephen our plans. They supported us fully and gave us some travel money that we had "earned" from the work Peter and I did. We thanked them and made our way out of the village. As we neared the village gates, Ian and Erica called out to us, "Wait! Eve! Peter! Celeste!"

We stopped and turned around. Ian approached us first, "I would like to offer you some weapons for your trip. It will be dangerous without anything to fend yourself with."

Peter smiled and we all thanked Ian. We followed him to the barracks. Erica held my hand and asked, "Must you go?"

I smiled sadly, "Yes. We'll be sure to come back at some point. There's just something we need to check."

Erica nodded and released my hand to let me pick out the weapons that I would take. I looked around briefly and a blade in the back caught my eye. I stared at it and asked Ian, "May I take that one in the back?"

Ian followed my gaze and responded as I made my way towards it, "No one has been able to wield it. None of the soldiers here know the value of that sword because no one has been able to use it. You can take it if you can-"

I picked up the sword and pulled it from its sheath before Ian finished. I examined it and whispered, "Japanese katana..."

I picked up the sheath and then walked back towards Peter and Celeste. Peter nodded to me when I caught his eyes. I placed the katana back in its sheath and then attached it to my waist. I grabbed one other sword and attached it on my other side. I also picked out a few daggers and selectively placed them in strategic locations. Peter took one sword and hung it across his back. Celeste chose to take a bow and a quiver of arrows. She also took a dagger and placed it against her right leg.

We nodded to Ian, thanked him again, and made our way onto the path towards the castle of the Wristen royal family.


Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment