Sunday, May 1, 2016

Second World: Chapter 5

The Queen

In the end, Celeste and I were supposed to share a room while Peter was next door to us. We originally tried to convince them that one room was enough because we didn't want to spend more money than necessary but then they said that they would only charge us for one room.

Celeste stayed in the room, taking an early nap. After the sudden pull into this world, it was understandable that she was tired. I took this change to ask the innkeeper's daughter what she meant by 'the queen'. I walked down the stairs from our room on the second floor. Peter was just about to head out with the innkeeper. I stared in his direction as soon as I reached the bottom of the stairs.

Peter turned to look at me at that instant. I continued to stare after him and asked, "Where?"

He smiled at me, "Just outside to the inn's stables with the innkeeper. I'm starting my work early."

I nodded in response which he took as acceptance. Peter opened the door and stepped out of the inn. I turned and saw the little girl drawing at the table. I slowly approached the table and smiled when she looked up, "Hi. What are you drawing there?"

The girl smiled and held up her picture, "Mama, Papa, Ian and me!"

The picture had a very detailed drawing. Something that wouldn't have been expected of a little girl her age. I was pleasantly surprised. I took a seat across from her and then proceeded in asking, "Earlier, you mentioned something about a queen... May I ask what you meant?"

The girl's eyes brightened. She got out of her seat and ran to get a book. While she went to do that, I touched her picture. The details were amazing. I looked at her family and remembered that I hadn't met her brother, Ian, yet.

The girl climbed back into her chair and then started opening the book she held. After a few flips, she located the page she wanted. There on that page was a picture of a queen. The girl pointed at the image and said, "This is the Queen of our kingdom. You look very much like her."

I took a look at the picture and realized that she was right. I was the splitting image of the queen in the book.

Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment