Friday, April 29, 2016

Second World: Chapter 3

An Impossible Land

We continued to stare up at the sky. I looked over at Celeste then Peter, both of which were staring with their mouths open. At that very moment, a hand reached out from the hole and took a hold of all three of us. Celeste screamed, Peter fainted, but I was amazed. This couldn't have really been happening but it was.

We were continually pulled into the hole that led to another world. Nothing could have explained what was happening, and we couldn't have been saved since we were so far away from any residences.

I continued to watch the process calmly. Not long later, we were finally pulled to the other side and were placed on the ground softly. Celeste had finally stopped screaming but she was looking around frantically. I looked over at Peter who laid on the ground, still unconscious. Yes, we were placed on the ground of this foreign land. I took in my surroundings and then stood up, "Celeste, don't scream no matter what happens. If you do, you'll attract more unnecessary attention."

Celeste looked at me but with horror in her face, "What do you mean by any of that?! How can you be so calm with what just happened to us?!"

I sighed, "There's nothing we can do. The hole has already closed. We might not be able to go home at this moment so we need to do things that ensure our survival. The only way we can survive is to be calm and take things step by step from here."

Celeste glared at me, "Just because you're ready to take on this world, doesn't mean the rest of us are."

I shrugged and ignored her. I then looked at Peter again, then at the village below the hill we stood on, "We should try to find a place to stay in that village for now so that we can get more information about this world."

Celeste stayed where she sat, crossed her arms, and turned her head the other way, "I refuse."

I tilted my head at her and went to make a start on waking Peter, "Would you rather stay here in the wilderness, where anything can happen? Do you not remember what we say from the other side? Dragons... Ogres... Thieves... Goblins..."

"Stop! Stop! I get it! Let's hurry then." Celeste exclaimed as she pulled herself up onto her feet.

I shook Peter awake. He looked at me confused. I smiled and said, "We need to move away from here. Follow and no questions asked?"

Peter signed, "Okay. Since I'm not supposed to be asking questions, you better not lead us into any dangers."

I shrugged, "I just got a good feeling as to what we should do. Anyways, just follow."

With that, the three of us walked down the hill and towards the village.


Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment