Thursday, April 28, 2016

Second World: Chapter 2

The Difference

I stared at the hole in the sky. This was something new. Something that I had not experienced before. This something had triggered my curiosity and so I followed it. I looked over at Peter and said, "Go home without me. I want to see if I can get closer to it."

I turned back towards the gaping hole in the sky without hearing a reply from Peter before I started running towards it. As I got closer to the hole, I started to see something on the other side of it. There was an electric pulse that went through my skin as I got closer. I didn't know what this feeling was so I put aside the thought for now, not realizing that in the near future, I should have been more careful.

Much to my dismay, I heard Peter's voice call out from behind me, "Wait, Eve!"

I ignored him but then another voice called out, "Eve! Wait up!"

This made me turn around. I would never have thought Celeste would be following my brother, much less me. I stared at her for a good second before she stated, "Let me go with you, wherever you are going."

That did it. Sure I've never interacted with her before but that was because in all my school years, I have avoided being bullied or being the center of attention of a bully. The fact that the biggest bully of Eden Academy was trying to follow me made it so much worse. I knew that if I continued to let her follow me, she would somehow take everything that could have been mine. So I decided to keep running.

No sooner, I stood directly beneath the large hole in the sky. The hole was about 50 feet in diameter. I continued to stare into it and I couldn't move from my spot. By then, Celeste and Peter had caught up and they stood on either side of me, staring up at the hole.

We couldn't believe our eyes. Through the hole was a whole other city and world. There were castles and villages. Dragons and ogres. Griffins and nymphs. Knights and mages. It was completely different from the world that we currently lived in so we just stood in awe of the differences.

Original content posted under the pen name of Elyona Sterling at Textnovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment